Print this page

What Forms Do I Need to Fill Out for a Colorado Springs Divorce?

Friday, 19 November 2010

blog-logoOne of the most common complaints I hear as a Colorado Springs divorce lawyer is “what am I supposed to do with all this paperwork?”  If you’ve never been through a divorce, then you may have no idea what I’m talking about, so here is some fair warning: Once the paperwork comes rolling in, it doesn’t stop until the final decree is issued.  From the initial petition and praecipe to eventual affidavits and orders, you can expect a never-ending stream of paperwork pertaining to your divorce. 

Will I need all this paperwork for my Colorado Springs divorce?

Depending on the number of complications involved in your case, there are several different processes that involve a fair amount of paperwork.  Depending on the level of complexity, here is an example of some of the forms you can expect to see:

  • Petition for the dissolution of marriage
  • Sworn financial statement
  • Separation agreement
  • Child support order
  • Spousal Support order
  • Property settlement agreement
  • Custody agreement
  • Parenting Plan
  • Final divorce decree

The process of getting from the “Petition for Dissolution of Marriage” to the final “Decree of Divorce” can be a complicated matter for any couple.  If you are planning to file for divorce in Colorado Springs, then chances are you will need to hire a Colorado Springs divorce lawyer.  Experienced attorneys know how to get you from “Point A” to “Point B” in a divorce situation.  Your attorney will handle the creation and filing of each document and ensure you are not missing any important steps in the process.

Read 4197 times